Today’s life is the life of machines. Every person has stress, tension and many other problemsin their lives. The solution to all these problems is yoga. Yoga improves blood circulation and other health related problems. Yoga helps in balancing the body, mind and emotions.
” Yoga is the Union of Atama and Parmatma”. Yoga is derived from a sanskrit word “Yuj” which means to unite or to join.Yoga is the science which deals with healthy body and a sound mind.
* Importance of Yoga:
1. Flexibility Increased: Yoga helps in increasing the flexibility of an individual to make body movements significant and graceful. Flexibility can be increased by Asanas like Chakrasana, Dhanurasana, Halasana, Sarvangasana, etc.
2. Reduces stress and tension: Yoga relaxes the body and mind resulting in relaxed, stress and tension free body and mind.
3. Improves blood circulation: By performing Yoga on the daily basis the flow of blood circulation in the body improves.
4. Improves concentration: The best method to improve the concentration is to practice Yoga on the daily basis.
5. Improves digestion: Yoga helps to improve the digestive system of a person. A person with healthy digestive system seldom gets sick. Thus, yoga helps in keeping all the diseases away.
6. Relief from fatigue: Stress and tension are common in modern age. It leads to fatigue. Yoga helps to relax the body resulting in relief from fatigue. The best Asanas are Shavasana and Makarasana for relaxation of body.
7. Cures diseases: Yoga helps to cure many diseases like Asthema, High blood pressure, Diabetes, Heart problems, etc.
8. Reduces Obesity: Condition of excess fat in a body is known as Obesity. If the percentage of fat in our body exceeds 5-10 % it leads to obesity. Obesity can be cured by various Meditative Asanas like Dhanurasana, Paschimotanasana, etc.
9. Improves the posture: Good posture identifies the personality of a person. Yoga improves the bad posture of the body and helps to maintain the good posture.